Re: [FH] Yuki EMERGENCY CHF

  • acrocat@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 1, 2012
      Hi Carol

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Carol <carolroar@...> wrote:

      > I know that drinking fluids isn't supposed to cause CHF, but every time my angel Sweetie drank too much she went into CHF. Our vet told us to limit her water intake.

      Hmmm I wonder if the explanation is that as fluid from the rest of her body was sequestering in her lungs (pulmonary edema), she felt thirsty and drank more. I'd guess that she was drinking to replace the fluid, not building fluid up through drinking. In that case, the thirst would be an early sign of sorts.