Re: "Boo" diagnosed with DCM

  • kittykatwhiskas
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 30, 2011
      Hi Lyn,

      Thanks so much for your message and I am so happy to hear your cat has beaten the odds, majorily! It gives me hope for my baby girl :-)

      I spoke with the cardiologist yesterday and we have decided to try the Pimobendan again, a lower dose just once a day to see the reaction. If that goes well, we will increase the dose in a week.

      The cardiologist told me Boo's potassium was normal in her recent blood work, and also told me low blood pressure would not stem from the Lasix. She seemed to think the dizzy episodes were more from a lack of cardio output, which she feels the Pimobendan will help.

      Laurie and Boo