Re: Valium and HCM

  • acrocat@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2011
      Hi Joanne

      Valium and its cousin, midazolam, are often used as part of the standard sedation for cats with heart disease as they are considered heart friendly. If she's not on furosemide, there's no link between heart disease and inappropriate urination that I know of. I'm sure you've done the whole "add more litterboxes" thing, Cat Attract litter, keeping them washed and clean, etc. Has she had a bladder/kidney ultrasound or at least an x-ray to look for stones?

      There are some great sites devoted to the treatment of inappropriate urination as well, if everything medical has been ruled out.

      Adriann