Re: Hello, I'm new here.

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 19, 2011
      Hello Betsy

      I am sorry to hear of Elmer. He sounds a real character! The fluids were
      probably too much for his heart and pushed him into heart failure. Lasix is
      absolutely the way to go, getting the fluid off his lungs is the most vital
      thing now. What dose is he on?

      When he is stable, you could have an ultrasound done to say exactly what is
      wrong with his heart and that will decide the best medication. If not,
      there are plenty of choices to assist the heart.

      Cats don't listen to prognosis. Trixi had a heart attack (was it really 2
      years ago now?) and was given a no chance of survival at all. She trialled
      vetmedin and made a remarkable recovery and now does laps around the room.
      She's still poorly, has serious heart disease but she wasn't listening when
      they said no chance at all.

      Lyn:)