Re: New (Kitty with RCM)

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 17, 2011
      Hi

      I am sorry to hear about your kitten. RCM is a different form of
      cardiomyopathy and not one that any of my cats have so I can't offer advice on what
      to do. The leaky valves I do have experience of and several of my cats
      have those and don't need medication for it if it is mild. If it is with other
      heart disease they do need medication.

      Cats can live with CM for a long time, years in fact. It depends how
      quickly it progresses but catching and treating it early seems to help to
      stabilise it. Can I ask was it a cardiologist who diagnosed him or a regular vet?
      I`m concerned he is on no medication, there are drugs to help relax the
      heart and drugs to help RCM.

      Cardiostrength seems to help all of my cats, but mine have HCM, HOCM and
      holes in the hearts, so it may be you need different supplements. Keep an eye
      on his breathing, over 30 at rest is sign for concern and I hope someone
      with RCm replies soon.