[FH] Re: Stoppimg CoQ10

  • acrocat@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 24, 2011
      Hi Jim

      As far as general CoQ10 recommendations, you can look at more trusted sites like WebMD or search for the many peer-reviewed medical journal articles.

      Regarding this:

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Jim Sinclair <jisincla@...> wrote:
      >This is why I would like more reference
      > citations, specifically about stopping it if a patient (in this case
      > my grandmother) begins using it then decides for some reason to stop.

      As far as I can tell, this caution does not come from any research; it's a theoretical one, supposing that CoQ10 markedly improves heart function in a patient, suddenly stopping it could lead to problems e.g. a decline in heart function (going back to the before CoQ10 level). This is just theoretical, and probably based on high doses of CoQ10 used in patients with specific types of heart disease (diseases involving systolic dysfunction) *with the presumption that it measurably improves cardiac function*. I don't think anyone taking a CoQ10 tablet every morning with breakfast who then misses a dose is in any real trouble.

      Also, if the heart condition is closely monitored, a significant increase in function (if this occurs with CoQ10) should be noted and you'd have a 'heads up' not to change the CoQ10 regimen.

      Adriann