Re: [FH] Heart Murmur

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 21, 2011
      I'm sorry you lost your first kitty so young, and now this scare with your new kitty. Sometimes a heart murmur can be stress related and have nothing to do with heart disease. It would be good if you have a vet who would come to your house, listen to the heart and see if when the kitty is home and not stressed if they hear a murmur.

      For the upper respiratory, please get some L-Lysine and give that to your kitty. It comes in capsules filled with powder. Get 500mg capsules and give 1/2 (250mg) twice a day. It will help lessen the severity of the infection and help boost the immune system. I also give my guys colloidal silver when they have URI's, because URI's are usually viral and antibiotics won't help unless there is a secondary bacterial infection, where colloidal silver kills both bacteria and viruses. There is a group called Silverpets on yahoo that you can join to learn more about using CS. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SilverPets/ There is also a human group at http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/4COLLOIDALSILVER/ and the folks there are very knowledgeable.

      Definitely get some L-Lysine, and another thing you can give is colostrum. It will strengthen the immune system. The brand that I always buy is Symbiotics Colostrum Plus. I get it at http://www.Vitacost.com We give 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon twice a day on an empty stomach.

      The colloidal silver, we give about 5cc (1 tsp) twice to three times a day. You can also nebulize them with colloidal silver. The folks on either the SilverPets or 4Colloidalsilver group can tell you more about nebulizing or email me privately.

      hugs,
      Carol and the gang