lasix (furosemide) question

  • Cher Paul
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2011
      Hello again. Here's my question:

      Is there any difference between lasix (furosemide) intended for humans and
      that intended for cats? Do cats absorb one better than the other? Is one
      more effective for cats than the other?

      I ask because we recently switched from the cat product to the human
      product, and I'm not sure what I'm seeing. It will help to know if there's
      any difference in how the two work in cats. He was getting something
      manufactured by Phoenix Pharmaceutical, and is now getting something
      manufactured by Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals.

      Thanks very much,
      Cher and the Boyz
    • Cheryl
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2011
        To my knowledge, it is the same product ~ there is no different product for
        cats and humans, although "furosemide" is generic, so there are several
        manufacturers. My Vizzy was on furosemide, and I got it at a human
        pharmacy. It looks just like the pills I give at work to human patients
        (I'm a cardiac ICU nurse).

        Hope this helps.

        Cheryl & angel Vizzy

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2011
          I forgot to include my email addy. Feel free to use it in addition to
          replying to the list.

          Thanks very much,
          Cher and the Boyz
          cbpaul@...