Re: New Member--Atenolol Question

  • acrocat@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
      Hi Sandi

      Welcome to the group. I would skip tonight's dose and call your vet first thing in the morning to report this. The dose of atenolol is perfectly normal for a cat Jovi's size, but his lack of appetite is a serious concern. How is his breathing? Is he breathing any faster or harder (more belly movement, nostrils flaring)? Has he eaten well the past few days?

      Adriann

      PS Speaking generally, and for you to consider after this is resolved, a lot of cats may do better on a "low carb" canned food diet. You can find a list of foods based on their carbs by googling "Janet & Binky food list."