Re: Kitty Jovi Living With HCM For Past Six Months

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28, 2011
      Hi

      I am sorry to hear Jovi is poorly. There are plenty of options for him
      which may help., First is the supplements, there is a supplement called
      Cardiostrength by Vetriscience which is COQ Taurine and Carnitine and has helped
      my guys. It's a huge pill but can be opened up or halved.

      Other drugs which could help are fortekor and vetmedin. Usually the vet
      tends to give the fortekor first and vetmedin later when there is even more
      progression. If he had fluid on his chest he will need diuretics. It's
      difficult for a vet to get a BP reading so you might find it very difficult to do
      at home, If he has high BP he will need something for it like amlodipine
      which lowers blood pressure.

      As for food, give him what he enjoys most and try and reduce the amount of
      dried if he is prone to urine crystals.

      Lyn:)