Re: [FH] Urgent request - Aslan is openmouth breathing

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2011
      Banu,

      Try to keep him as quiet and still as possible. Keep him warm, wrap a blanket around where he lays.

      I would stop the constipation drugs for tonight, especially since his poops are very soft.

      If he's is having congestive heart failure, the Desal (furosimide/lasix) is important.. but since he has CRF too, just be careful if you increase it. My angel Sweetie would have this same thing happen and I would increase her lasix just a little, by 1/4 of a tablet at a time. She also was CRF.

      I would not stop his enalapril and vermedin...Those medications may help his heart work better while in this crisis.
      If it upset him and makes him breathe badly again, open mouth and all that, then don't bother. OR...if they don't taste horrible, melt them in a bit of water or broth and syring them into his mouth. I just don't think he needs to be upset by getting a pill right now, but the pills might help him, so you need to just judge how you think he'll react to getting the meds.

      The important thing is to keep him quiet, no movement, and warm.

      I'll pray for you both tonight. I hope he's going to be okay.

      Carol and the gang