Re: Senior Cat with arrythmia and sedation for dental procedure

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 27, 2011
      Hi Diane

      It is always a difficult decision. My choice is always made by quality of
      life and toothache and tooth issues can be just as painful for cats as us.
      If there is a dental problem, my heart cats have the surgery every time.
      Yes, there is a risk and he may need some fluids for his kidneys. If he is
      having difficulty eating and spitting food out then it is highly possible he
      has dental issues and these are painful and uncomfortable. If you think and
      your vet agrees that he needs a dental, then you need to weight the risks
      against quality of life.