Re: Now Puddy

  • toomany_kittys
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 7, 2011
      Hi Carol,
      I hope Puddy's dental goes well and that his heart is fine. I have a cat with Endocarditis and he has a transient heart murmur. He's had a few cardiac ultrasounds. His heart is still fine 4 years later. Hopefully Puddy will be so lucky!
      El

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Carol <carolroar@...> wrote:

      > hi Lyn,
      >
      > I hope you're right. I hope Puddy's murmur is just a stress kind. We have a new cardiologist at our internist's practice, so I'm going to take Puddy to see him. Hopefully they won't find anything wrong. Puddy has to go to have a dental tomorrow, and of course, I'm worried.
      >
      > You're right... I think these heart kitties do find us!
      >
      > hugs,
      > Carol and the gang

    • Patricia Crawford
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 7, 2011
        Bastet was born with congenital heart abnormalities -- a ventricular septal defect (VSD), basically a hole in her septum, the wall dividing the left and right ventricles of the heart. So by the time I adopted her at 9 months she had a stage 6 heart murmur and dilated cardiomyopathy that developed into congestive heart failure about three years ago. She had a cardiac ultrasound when it first became available, and continued to have them every year. But when she started getting inappetant, they did another and the deterioration between May and September was profound.

        I developed a heart murmur after rheumatic fever in childhood, caused by a scarring (narrowing) a heart valve from the infection.

        I had no idea murmurs could be caused by stress but that doesn't surprise me in the least.

        Pat

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 8, 2011
          Hi carol
          I hope puddys dental goes well today