Re: [FH] Heart disease seems common??

  • Patti Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2011
      Hi Danyielle,

      That is quite interesting.  What breed of cats do you have?  Both the ones with heart disease and the two without.  Are they all the same breed?

      Patti

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2011
        My cats are all rescue cats of no particular breeds. Two were totally tame cats (both w/heart disease) and the others were kittens that I socialized from feral colonies.

        Ones that passed: a dsh gray girl, dsh black boy, dsh brown tabby male. Ones that I still can adore: a dsh white girl, dmh white boy. The one cat that does not have a heart disease diagnosis (yet?) is a dsh tabbie/tortie girl, she's the sister to my dmh white boy.

        L-Danyielle

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2011
          It is a surprise to see how the incident of heart disease is related specifically to the DSH, and not a specific pedigreed breed.  Thank you for this information.

          Patti