Re: [FH] Re: Sunshine...should i do heart screenings on my cats at a certain age?

  • christine french
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 30, 2011
      Oh lee ann
      I feel for you wi several old cats wi health problems!you are runnin a small hospital,you are florence pussingale!:-)
      Its a lot!!!
      Emotionaly n practically,thank god u have insurance!
      I dont,its been a killer financially!
      It makes a huge difference what u can do!
      Lovely to have a great vet too!
      Tc
      Sunshine n the others too
      Christina n wee old karma

    • acrocat@rocketmail.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 2, 2011
        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "LeeAnnC" <leeanncohen2512@...> wrote:
        > They did want to lower her lasix but she is doing so well on what she's on i really don't want to change it and it's such a low dose...she gets 1/2 of a 12.5 twice a day...they wanted to change it to once a day but i really am afraid she will get sick again so they left it as it was...any thoughts on this??????

        Is this the general vet or the cardiologist? I would go with the cardiologist's recommendation, as he has more direct knowledge of your cat's heart condition and has much more experience 'tweaking' heart meds than a generalist.

        Adriann
      • LeeAnnC
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 2, 2011
          It was both..they were both there at the same time but when my vet left the room and i was leaving after they told me to lower the lasix to once a day i asked the cardiologist if she would fill with fluid again and he said he didn't know so i asked him if she was doing well on the 2x a day is it harmful to leave her on it and he said no..it's such a low dose so he said we can just leave it as is which is what we did....i am going to ask my vet next week when Sunshine goes back for bloods as someone else here suggested to rather then cut the dose in half to give Sunshine her regular 1/2 in the am and a 1/4 in the pm rather then the half.
          I am just so afraid to change anything because she is doing fantastic...again now trying to get her off the prednisone.