Re: Suspect heart disease - worried about dental work

  • MikeyS
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2011
      Thanks, I'm looking into a veterinary dentist but the nearest one is one hour away, which is a problem.

      As for the regular vets, I've been to seven of them at four different clinics, over the last 15 years. I have not found one who I think is any good. There are issues with lying and not being forthcoming with information such as the fact that my cat was in stage 1 renal failure or that my cat even needed dental work. I found all this out after requesting a copy of the records. Then there's the fact that they all have a complete lack of knowledge regarding feline heart and kidney problems. This is information they could look up in a cat health book I'm sure many of us cat owners have at home, and yet they don't know the basics of feline kidney and heart issues.

      Some of these vets are highly recommended. And some of them are super nice and caring and mean well, but they just don't know much. I'm not sure it's possible to find a knowledgeable and trustworthy vet.

      The one I'm going to now is one that seems to know the least, but is at least willing to take into consideration the things that I say, which has worked out pretty good. They're also honest, but a little scatter-brained. They've done three dental cleanings/extractions on my cats and they did one major surgery without problems.

      Maybe I'm getting too picky or paranoid.