Re: [FH] luigi's nausea: ever used ondanstron

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2011
      We used it for my angel Snowball and use it on Misty too. It really helped them a lot. We never had any side effects from it, as far as their heart rate becoming irregular. They both Snowball had and Misty does have rapid heart rate, but it didn't make it worse.

      It's very expensive from the drug store. You should have your vet fax it in to Thrivingpets.com. It's much less expensive there. http://www.thrivingpets.com/index.php/ondansetron-zofran.html We use the injectable. The little insulin syringes we use are these. http://tinyurl.com/3ht7xde You don't need a prescription for the needles from this website, but you do if you get them from your pharmacy. They cost about $10 more from the pharmacy.

      Carol and the gang

      ^""^
      >’.’<
      (")_(")

      Angel Snowball *5/10/91 to 1/1/10*

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2011
        I don't think one dose of the ondansetron would have that kind of reaction. It actually took about 3 days for it to kick in with my angel Snowball. It didn't work for her nausea right away, but while we were giving it to her, she never had any kind of reaction to it.

        It could be just that Luigi is tired of getting pills. I know my Puddy is being that way with me right now. I have to give him some kind of pill or supplement about 8 times in a day. He gets two sets of stuff in the morning and with dinner, then two other sets of things inbetween meals and at night. This all just started about a month ago, and now he's hiding from me all the time. As soon as he's done getting pills or food, he goes under the bed and stays there all day.

        I hope the ondansetron will help with Luigi's nausea quickly. It made a big difference with angel Snowball when it started really working.

        hugs,
        Carol and the gang

        I gave him this pill about 11am and I noticed around 5pm that he started hiding. He hasn't been doing well last couple days so I'm not really sure it's just the new drug of he's just not happy. He's on so much stuff. Anyone had this reaction to this drug? He can be a really sensitive boy so I'll just have to see.

        Was supposed to give in twice a day but will only give it once a day to see if he can adjust and tolerate it.
        L-Danyielle