Lasix - SCHEDULING VS DOSAGE

  • MAUREEN FOGG
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2011
      Hi Christina,

      Yuki seemed fine last night and this morning.  I think that we have the same
      Furosemide issue that others are posting about - (Scheduling and not dosage
      issues).  She was getting her lasix every 12 hours - but I keep hearing that the
      lasix only lasts at the most 8 hours - so there is a four hour window when their
      lungs are filling up with fluid.  So... I have been trying a new schedule -
      which requires me to come home immediatly from work and give another 12mg pill -
      so between 6:30 and 4:30 she goes  10 hours - but better than 12 (I suppose).
      On the weekends Im going to make sure she is closer to every 8 hours or even
      split some pills and give every 4 - then I know she is covered.  Currently I am
      trying the following schedule:
      6:30 am  - 12mg (right before I leave for work)
      4:30 pm - 12mg (as soon as I get home)
      10:00 - 10:30 pm  - 6mg (when I go to bed).
      I hope your Karma Kat is doing well and healing from her bites.
      Best,
      Maureen and Yuki

    • christine french
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2011
        Hi maureen
        Your doing really well by yuki
        Im really glad that she is better wi the new dosage schedule!
        Your doin everything in ur power to help!:-)
        Well when karma sicked up the program flea liquid I waited another three weeks to give her another dose,because of it not bein good for heart (chemicals)
        She kept the other dose down two weeks ago
        But it doesnt kill adult fleas n can take 30 to 60 days to eradicAte the flea life cycle.
        Vet doesnt wAnt me to treat her wi anymore chemical stuff
        Capstar kills adult fleas but she no well on it
        So vet said spray flat wi chemicals only solution
        But im loathe to do it
        Hooverin,change beddin every day,flea comb etc
        Tmoro gona put baking soda n salt on floors ,room at a time,natural wAy to kill them
        If doesnt work might have resort pesticides
        But karmas so sensitive to things like that
        U try ur best to avoid toxic things
        But feels like im fightin a losing battle wi these bloody fleas!!!!

        Anyway,pleased to hear wee yuki still fightin on
        Shes a wee survivor isnt she!:-)
        Must love her mummy as much as u love her!:-)
        Tc
        C n k