Re: Kensington is gone

  • kellikitti
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2011
      El,

      I am so sorry to hear of both your nephew's and sweet Kensington's passing.

      Hugs,

      Laurel
    • christine french
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2011
        Hi el,
        The way you write bout kensington is so heartfelt n touching!
        Im so sorry about u losing him n ur nephew too!
        Its obvious kensington had a very good mummy in you!
        Tc,
        Christina n karma kat

        On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 21:16 BST toomany_kittys wrote:

        >On Tuesday afternoon I had to say goodbye to Kensington. He began to fail a few weeks ago and didn't improve this time. I'd like to share a little of Kensington's story to honour him.
        >He was a stray for possibly years, then was trapped and sent to a failing shelter in late 2007. I pulled him along with 4 other very sick comatose cats in January 2008. Several were FeLV+ as it turned out but not him. He got well, regained his weight and was a big strapping beautiful long haired black cat. He was deaf from severe ear infections but quickly adjusted. I sent him to a "perfect" home in July 2008. I saw him periodically and he was happy and healthy. In early August 2010 I saw him again and he was emaciated and frail. I took him back and he was in CHF. After a few months of tapping, meds and supplements he rallied. He was hyper-t, CHF, and he had what appeared to be a tumour in his chest. Xrays also revealed that his ribs had been broken in the distant past. He lived to eat and cuddle in his last year. The little ferals thought he was God. He had a loud voice (due to deafness) and was always chatting.
        >A few weeks ago, he began to grow tired, and his voice grew quieter. His chest hurt and he slept with his front legs outstretched. He became extremely fussy with food. A week ago, my healthy and athletic nephew suddenly passed away due to an undiagnosed heart defect. I flew to the funeral in the early morning and returned on the last flight that night because I was so worried about Kensington. Tuesday, Kensington told me it was time, so I held him close and let him go.
        >Two wonderful beings lost to heart disease in less than a week.
        >Gentle journey, sweet Kensington. I love you dearly.
        >
        >I thank everyone on this list for your insight and pray that your little ones do well.
        >
        >I have a full bottle of Spironolactone 5 mg. capsules to donate. Please contact me if you'd like these.
        >
        >El
        >"love your loved ones well"

      • Kimberly Coleman
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 2, 2011
          El,
          I am so sorry to hear of your recent losses.
          Sending hugs and prayers to heal your heart.
          http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=14141125
          I lit a candle for you.
          You are very kind to post your meds for some kitty on the list.
          It always amazes me how the cats impact our lives. We are all a large family here and would not have met had it not been for our cats.
          Kimberly

        • Mmayer11
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 3, 2011
            I lit a candle for Kensington tonight as well.

            Marianna

          • C.R.
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 4, 2011
              If anyone wishes to light a candle for El's Kennsington, here is the link to the candle page.
              http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=kensi

              Carol and the gang