Re: [FH] Please i need help

  • Vicky
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 24, 2011
      Was she by any chance given the long acting antibiotic, Convenia? It
      has been known to cause severe anemia in cats. It is sometimes given
      after dentals, although that is not the type of use it is labeled for.

      http://www.catinfo.org/?link=convenia

      This page and site is written by a licensed vet in California.

      I know that doesn't help regarding the heart problem, but I would like
      to get the word out about this drug that some vets have given patients
      without the owner's knowledge! You can ask to have written on your
      cat's chart the name of drugs you will not allow them to be given.

      I hope Sunshine is doing better. I'm sorry you have had to go through
      this.

      Vicky