Re: [FH] what's normal # breaths/minute

  • kellikitti
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 20, 2011
      Hi L-Danyielle,

      There is definitely variation. Healthy cats resting resps will be under 30, and will appear effortless. Laboring breaths at any rate are a concern. Cleo's cardio said that with her illness she'd be comfortable with resting resps up to 40. Over 40 is a concern for fluid buildup. 60 is very rapid.

      Laurel