Fw: [FAN-H] UC Davis Clinic August 20th, 2011 - PKD, HCM, Deafness in White Cats
- If you are near UC Davis, you might be able to get a free HCM screening and the chance to participate in a study to help all cats with HCM ----
----- Original Message -----
From: Lorraine Shelton
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2011 9:33 PM
Subject: [FAN-H] UC Davis Clinic August 20th, 2011 - PKD, HCM, Deafness in White Cats
Forwarded to the Fanciershealth list with permission:
Multiple Breed Health Clinic at UC Davis
Saturday, August 20, 2011
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Contact Leslie Lyons: lalyons@...
The feline genetics research laboratory of Dr. Leslie Lyons is hosting a health clinic for cat breeds. The health clinic will focus on three health concerns: progression of kidney disease in PKD positive cats, heart disease (HCM), and deafness in white cats.
1) Polycystic kidney disease (PKD) - no cost
- Cats must be PKD (+) and be less than 5 years of age or older than 7 years of age
2) Hypertrophy Cardiomyopathy - reduce / no cost
- Siberians, Bengals, and Maine Coons
- Cats found to have HCM will be subsidized for no cost. Cats without a definitive diagnosis of HCM will be charged $130.00. Cats greater than 7 years will be free.
3) BAER - Deafness testing - no cost
- Open to any white cat > 2 months of age
Costs of the testing are subsidized by funding from the Winn
Feline Foundation, the National Institutes of Health (NIH-NCRR),
and UC Davis Veterinary School.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]