Re: [FH] For group moderator: email

  • Diane
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2011
      At 11:16 PM +0000 8/7/11, harris.rose@... wrote:

      >I've notice that if I post a message, the first option that comes up
      >as to who to send it to when I click there is the individual.
      >
      >Is there any way that this can be changed to always default to the
      >group when we're posting? This might keep more emails out of our
      >boxes and at the group message spot so everyone can learn.
      >
      >If people want to email individually then they can do both. I'm
      >still in the critical stage w/1 cat and have one other sick cat that
      >I'm dealing with too and am quite overwhelmed.

      The reason this is set up this way - which I adopted from the CRF
      group - is because NO ONE will change the entry to individual and
      EVERYTHING goes to the group.

      When people are looking for help and looking for help quickly, they
      don't want or need to have to wade through posts on the weather,
      family, work, arguments etc especially those on digest. Can you
      imagine getting a digest with 25 messages and only one of them is
      relevant to a feline heart issue?

      It will NOT keep email out of our boxes ULNESS you only get messages
      on the web. For individual email and digest receivers it will greatly
      increase emails received.

      If anyone feels their message is relevant to the entire group, they
      are encouraged to post to the entire group.

      If you are having problems keeping Feline Heart emails separate from
      your regular email, you may want to set up filters in your email
      program so they will go into their own folder.

      Diane
      Feline Heart List Mom