Enteric coated pill question for Natto

  • MAUREEN FOGG
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2011
      Hello,  Yuki puked up a bunch of clearish liquid yesterday and I wonder if it
      had to do with the fact that I gave her a large enteric coated capsule of
      nattokinase the prior day.  She seemed fine after she puked but she has had a
      low appetite lately (another story). So I read online that Natto needs to be
      absorbed in the intestine - that is why the enteric coating. I also read that
      dogs and cats can become sick on enteric coated pills because they get lodged in
      their GI tract.  So now I am apprehensive about giving the enteric coated pills
      - but afraid to transfer the natto to a regular capsule if it is just being
      inactivated in her stomach acids.  Thoughts? Thanks,
      Maureen and Yuki