Carvedilol tweaks calcium release to ease arrhythmias

  • Ana Gutierrez
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4 5:26 PM
      This paper just came out in Nature Medicine:

      *Carvedilol tweaks calcium release to ease arrhythmias pp923 - 924*
      Bjorn C Knollmann
      doi:10.1038/nm.2441
      Spontaneous calcium release from intracellular stores can trigger irregular
      heart beats and sudden death. A new study shows that the heart failure drug
      carvedilol prevents irregular heart beats by a unique action on calcium
      release channels (pages 1003-1009).

      If someone is interested in reading the complete article, let me know, so I
      can email it.

      Best wishes,
      Ana