Re: Luigi's Ultrasound, good & bad news

  • janie
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2011
      If he has got chylous pleural effusion the fluid is milky. Rutin will
      work!!!!! I had a cat years ago who had this no heart problems at all
      and she got it. She was 5 lived about 5 more years and in good health.
      I did monitor her and not let her out in heat and all.
      It did take her in the end. I had another one Jaguar who a few years
      ago had it. We went to Purdue University and they said its rare as
      there was no reason. Jag had to be tapped 3 times. Then all of a
      sudden the rutin kicked in. He was back to himself . Both cats were
      put on low reside foods. Now he was on Purina for weight reduction as
      he was a little over weight. She was on Euckanuba which I dont know if
      they make it. Its to help bot for so much chyle. There is a surgery
      very expensive and they had considered Jag if he didnt get well as the
      long you wait it isnt good. He got it under control but we lost him
      last year to cancer. He fought so hard with all he had he even was
      fiv. But if it turns out you got this my cats were living proof they
      may live. Rutin works. I hope its something easier than that but just
      wanted to put in my cats experience. There are others on here too,
      Good luck Janie
    • Melissa Legan
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2011
        My vet and The Ohio State University made the suggestion of ROYAL CANIN CALORIE CONTROL 38- both canned and dry for Winston's chylothroax. Its a prescription diet and the vet can order it. Wellness actually makes a low fat diet too- but my vets thought the prescription diet was best. I have some of the wet and dry if you;d like to try them for Luigi.

        I still have 10 pounds of the dry left after Winston passed away last month......

        Melissa

        He does have the milky fluid, it's pink from blood probably, but when analyzed doesn't have all it's supposed to have to actually be chylous pleural effusion. I now have him on Rutin 3x/day.

        What is a low fat diet? Does it have the be the prescription types like R/d and W/d?

        Right now I am hand feeding him canned C/d and sneaking in some canned K/d. Dry food he's eating on his own, tiny bit, is C/d dry.
        L-Danyielle

        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, janie <sockster@...> wrote:

        > If he has got chylous pleural effusion the fluid is milky. Rutin will
        > work!!!!! I had a cat years ago who had this no heart problems at all
        > and she got it. She was 5 lived about 5 more years and in good health.
        > I did monitor her and not let her out in heat and all.
        > It did take her in the end. I had another one Jaguar who a few years
        > ago had it. We went to Purdue University and they said its rare as
        > there was no reason. Jag had to be tapped 3 times. Then all of a
        > sudden the rutin kicked in. He was back to himself . Both cats were
        > put on low reside foods. Now he was on Purina for weight reduction as
        > he was a little over weight. She was on Euckanuba which I dont know if
        > they make it. Its to help bot for so much chyle. There is a surgery
        > very expensive and they had considered Jag if he didnt get well as the
        > long you wait it isnt good. He got it under control but we lost him
        > last year to cancer. He fought so hard with all he had he even was
        > fiv. But if it turns out you got this my cats were living proof they
        > may live. Rutin works. I hope its something easier than that but just
        > wanted to put in my cats experience. There are others on here too,
        > Good luck Janie

      • janie
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 6, 2011
          Purina O/M weight management and for thorax. Our cats loved it. They
          all shed a pound and Jaguar lost his weight and ate a lot of it.
          Hills w/d but Purdue told us for him Purina O/M as he was a little
          over weight. Sure hope the rutin works. Yes 500mg. pill but I think I
          cut that in half. Half a pill at breakfast then supper and bed. I
          dont think its a whole 500 mg pill each time. Its been awhile but I
          know I cut them in half. They can mess your carpet up too so be
          careful with the stain. Maybe someone can clarify. I know I cut them
          and Jag was 20 pounds he had the same dose as the 11 pounder. Janie