Re: Elevated ALT

  • s.theye
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 3, 2011
      Hi Everyone,

      Just an update on Jack. I decided to wait on abdominal ultrasound and instead recheck ALT levels first, since 5 weeks had already passed since last blood work. Trying to avoid stress of traveling and ultrasound if not needed....

      We did blood work yesterday, and vet just called to let me know that his ALT continues to drop and is now at 156. so it has gone from 243 to 203 to 156! Still a bit high, but vet says to wait on ultrasound now....

      Only weird value is that his triglycerides were high at 595 (no fasting) at last blood work 5 weeks ago, and yesterday with 10 hour fast have increased to 795!!

      So, she is checking with cardiologist to see what to do if anything. Might put him on liver supplement too for a while, either marin or demarin, she is checking on that also. I was reading that high triglycerides can be caused by a number of things. 2 of which are things that have to do with pancreas, another can be diabetes, but the rest of his blood work seems normal I believe.

      Shelley