Trixi and Maxi had scans today

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2011
      Hi all

      Trixi and Maxi went to Liverpool small animal hospital today for their
      scans. Trixi was diagnosed with HCM at 13 weeks old and had a heart attack in
      2009 from which she recovered. Her scan showed no progression in her HCM
      since the last scan and that she was stable. Her blood pressure was a bit low
      but other than that there was no cause for concern. We are delighted.

      Maxi's atrium was enlarged like on the last scan but his left ventricle is
      now thickened so he has progressed slightly but is in no immediate danger
      of heart failure. Maxi was also diagnosed as a kitten and is 5 years old now.

      Both cats had kitten onset HCM and have been remarkably stable. We are
      pleased with the scans and Trixi also had the hormone to measure heart attacks
      checked and it was normal so she hasn't thrown a clot since the first one.
      They're real little miracles and I like to quote Trixi's prognosis was 3
      months and she is five in a week's time. She's a beautiful little torbie who
      loves life and plays as much as she is able. We know every day is a
      blessing.

      Only concern was Maxi's weight, once again nearly 8kg.. oh dear, it's diet
      time again!

    • acrocat@rocketmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2011
        Great news -- congrats!