Re: [FH] meds

  • Leo Wempu
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 26 5:57 PM
      Okay, it would make sense, if Tigger's heart had such mild irregularities at the
      time that Dr Petrie couldn't diagnose HCM for sure and decided to medicate
      anyway, since Tigger's breed is prone to HCM (that would undoubtedly increase
      the statistical likelihood of HCM). That I can understand.

      When the diagnosis is sure, I can't understand why breed (or no breed) would be
      the basis for prescribing medication. The overwhelming majority of cats are not
      purebred and as I tried to point out there's no way of knowing how "strong"
      their hearts are just based on the fact that they are not purebred.Their HCM
      could advance as quickly as any purebred's.

      I wasn't there and have no way of knowing what Dr Petrie actually said. I'm just
      concerned over any sort of message that might indicate (maybe not on purpose)
      that it's okay not to medicate "random-bred" cats, since their hearts are
      "stronger". Don't really wish to be controversial but considering the numbers,
      although HCM is definitely more likely in some breeds, it will still affect more
      "random-bred" cats than purebred cats (just because there are just so many
      "random-breds" compared to purebreds). And many of these go completely
      undiagnosed.

      Henna & Leo

      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 10, 2014
        Hey guys. So my beautiful boy Schmutz passed this weekend after a year long fight, and i of course had just ordered more of his meds since he had been doing so well. I'm devastated but i also know how expensive these meds get and i'd like to pass them on to someone who can use them. I have fragmin, enalipril, vetmedin, and furosemide. Please message me if you can use these.

        Blake