Re: [FH] New Member - My 12 yr old has had HCM for 2 yrs

  • mec2973
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 6, 2011
      Thank you Maureen and Yuki!

      We went out yesterday after returning from a trip to a store that sells the Natural Balance food. They had both Venison and Green Pea and Duck and Green Pea. We kind of have to go out of our way to go to the store, but as long as the kitty is happy; the humans are happy. ;-)

      It was a hit! After pilling Skip, I always open the can and let him smell what he is getting. He went wild and wanted it. I have to say that it looks so much better than the Royal Canin canned food.

      The best part is that today his head is still normal color. No red! :-) So he likes it and didn't react on day one. We still have two days to go, but it's looking good.

      Skip is a lot more happy about the canned food situation after only one day. Funny how you can tell when their spirit is down. I'll stick with Royal Canin hard food for now so I'm not changing too much on Skip at once.

      Of course I have a lot of Royal Canin canned food that is sitting around, but I'm sure someone will need it.

      Thank you again for the suggestion!
      Michelle and Skip

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, MAUREEN FOGG <maureen.fogg@...> wrote:

      > Hello, Very cute video! What a good boy!  I feed Yuki Natural Balance limited
      > ingredient diet canned food somtimes.  There is Duck and Green Pea and Yuki
      > likes the Venison and green pea a little better.  She isnt a big wet food eater
      > - but the venison is her favorite.  She has allergies to chicken that i know of
      > and i suspect other things - luckily she is not allergic to fish as well like
      > your guy!  That really limits the options.
      > Best of Luck
      > Maureen and Yuki

    • Westgold