Re: Clipsy's echocardiogram on a very HOT day

  • tobythelegend
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
      Generic Plavix is not yet available in the United States. The common prescription for Plavix is 1/4 pill, once per day. Pills run $8 or so each, so the cost is about $2 a day. Pricey.
    • janie
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
        Wow what a day. I think I would borrow a car or do the test in cool
        weather. I know Boomer who has not got heart condition. I chased her
        all over the house then got her in the carrier and our car was cooling
        down. We only go 3 miles to the vet and she was opened mouth
        breathing. I got her head by the air and got her inside and she got
        all right. I swore never to take her again in the horrid heat unless I
        have to. I think it could make a difference in your numbers too. Each
        day you take a test it can be different of course if it's a lot worse
        that would be different. Its very dangerous. Try to get a friend if
        possible. You did some smart things to take care of her. Great job.
        Dont worry too much if the test is a littlw worse.Good luck Janie
      • Carol
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
          Hi Jim and everyone,

          If you have to go out with Clipsy again on another hot day, without the a/c in the car, try this. They use it for bunnies. I volunteered last weekend at a bunny fair here in San Jose, CA, and they talked about cooling down the bunnies on hot days with using full water bottles that they freeze. Put the bottle inside a sock or something soft and lay them next to them inside their carriers. This is a great idea to work for any critter that has to travel inside a carrier or even in the car loose. Just place the frozen water bottles under a blanket and them on top of the blanket. Remember to freeze the water bottle with the top off, then put the top on after it's frozen, otherwise the water will expand and crack the bottle in the freezer.

          I hate these hot days. I hope the summer cools off for our kitties soon.

          and the gang

          and the gang

        • mec2973
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
            I think my pharmacist said that generic Plavix is expected to come to the US next year sometime. I told him I was looking forward to it.

            --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "tobythelegend" <tobythelegend@...> wrote:

            > Generic Plavix is not yet available in the United States. The common prescription for Plavix is 1/4 pill, once per day. Pills run $8 or so each, so the cost is about $2 a day. Pricey.

          • Westgold
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
              Ah..... what we do for love .....