Re: Other Nutrients for HCM Cats

  • acrocat@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2011
      Just one thing to keep in mind here, though: the main type of heart disease affecting humans is ischemic heart disease, caused by clogged blood vessels. The most common type of heart disease in cats is HCM. Most supplements won't cause any harm, even if they don't do any good -- the question with cats is always whether or not the cat will readily eat the supplement. Since most cats have a limit to what they will accept, force-pilling or risking turning a cat off his/her food is just not worth it for medications we don't know are essential to prolong life.
      Adriann
    • MAUREEN FOGG
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2011
        Hi Joanne - do you give 100 mg total for the day or 300 mf total for the day of
        the COQ10?
        Thanks,
        Maureen and Yuki