Re: [FH] Heart Meds for HCM Cats

  • Westgold
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2011
      Hi -- Tigger is just on atenolol, and he is totally impossible to pill. A couple times I tried wrapping him up like a papoose and forcing him, but I thought he would have a little kitty heart attack right there and then. So I talked to the compounding pharmacy. I first tried the treats, but he wouldn't touch them. So then I tried the liquid, and it works like a charm. The beef flavor mixes with everything, no problem. I make up their meals by mixing in extra hot water to the can of Friskies. I take 2 tablespoons of the gravy this produces and put it into a separate bowl. I mix in his atenolol liquid and the lysine for his herpes. Then I sit with him until he polishes it off. Then I put down the rest of the food, and he can have as much as he wants. I just want to be sure he gets his meds first, twice a day. And I want to be sure that Susie DOESN'T get any. This is the easiest way I can make sure.