Re: [FH] Beside Hi-tor Neo

  • Bob and Sue
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2011
      Hi Carol, thank you for posting this information. My Bobtail is approx. 7-8 yrs. of age. Young since we've been treating the CRF for 2+ yrs. now. We were doing so well with little to NO intervention from vet visits. Wellness visits that's all. It's difficult to accept that so much more can complicate matters of the heart and Thyroid when you have CRF. This for us is another hurdle to try to over come. Food has always been a problem. Now he won't touch any canned food nor will he even touch FF which he's been eating for so long.This Thyroid really makes my job even harder to find renal diets that won't further complicate the kidneys and affect his heart. His chicken I prepare really is 1/2 raw never cooking it all the way. For some reason, he is really enjoying it. I have Venison from this years hunting. I may defrost a small portion and try that. I will also look into the information that you have provided in hopes of finding more foods for him to safely eat. thank you so much.....I have always beleved in feeding carnivores a more staple diet-raw if they'll eat it.

      Sue
      From: imabigdawg2 luckyshoefarm@...

      Is there any other NON prescription diets out there for our ailing kitties? I'm racking my brains looking on-line for a Renal diet for my CRF and/or anything we should be avoiding in the way of certain foods because of his enlarged heart/mur mur as well as the new diagnosis of Hyper Thyroid...So much to take in......

      Sue & Bobtail
      Virginia