Re: [FH] Nitroglycerin Ointment

  • Kimberly
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 18, 2011
      > Human doses can be 1-2 inches so the paper measure helps. Cat dose is 1/4" which ends up being a wee dab :) >>

      Yeah the applicator stars at a 1/2 an inch but I just use my rule and add a line for 1/4 inch. Of course not sure what I will do after the applicators run out.

      > It might be easier to apply if you put your cat in your lap and apply it while the cat is facing away from you.

      Midnight is a lap cat but it has to be by her own choice. She is hard to restrain. I've been putting her on the window sill so she can look out while I put it on her ear. She stays calm at least but she does flick her ear away from me, hence it still is a difficult process, and I don't want the ointment to go where it shouldn't.

      I am going to the Vet on Monday so I am hoping they can show me an easier way to do this.