Re: cant keep food down

  • tobythelegend
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 5, 2011
      There are definitely good anti-nausea medications out there. I would try wrapping your cats pills in pill-pockets before you force pill her. We tried compounding medications with my cat and it lead to him losing his appetite, vomiting, etc. I tried pilling him without pill pockets and he would vomit. Wrapping about 1/3 to 1/2 a pill pocket around 1 or 2 pills keeps him from vomiting and keeps the meds down. It's worth a shot.
    • C.R.
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 5, 2011
        OH! I meant to say respiration here, not heart rate. The respiration (how many breaths in a minute) being over 32...

        The heart rate is anywhere from around 120 to 160. Both should be taken while sleeping or resting, not after having walked around or played, as both will go up from those activities.

        Sorry! Not much sleep last night!

        Carol and Angel Snowball
        and the gang

        A heart rate over about 32 can be the start of fluid. If it's way higher than that, it can either be fluid or pain. The heart rate goes up with pain too.