Re: Carvedilol vs. Atenolol, New to group

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 7 , May 27, 2011
      Our Tootsie was found to have a severe arrhythmia and was put on sotolol, liquid form which she really didn't like taking. She was also on amlodipine for very high blood pressure, enalapril for proteinuria, tramadol/gabapentin/aspirin for spinal bone spur pain, 100ml subq eod for crf. Thank goodness you are able to take Giuseppe to a cardiologist! When Tootsie's heart problems were learned, we did cut her fluids back.

      Tootsie's sister, Mellie, takes atenolol for a very rapid heartbeat and she has no problems in taking it. Her condition was found after she had a stroke caused by lack of proper blood flow. Initially she did sleep a lot but it did lessen after a month, and after several months we were able to cut the dose in half (from twice daily to once daily). It has been 3 yrs since Mellie's stroke and she's still doing well.

      How wonderful that your Giuseppe is almost 20!

      carol and mellie