RE: [FH] How do you know if cat has a clot?

  • Judi Levens
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2011
      I don't know for sure, but I would guess she had some kind of muscle pull or something...I think a clot would have been more severe, but who knows...Judi

      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      From: Catmaniac10@...
      Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 16:56:16 -0400
      Subject: [FH] How do you know if cat has a clot?

      Hello,
      On Sat, my cat was with me while I was cleaning and she let out a yelp and them limped on 3 legs for a while until I put her in a cage for observation. She was holding her back leg in the air. After 1 hr, I let her out and she was walking just fine and has been since then. She has a grade 3 heart murmur and was been seen by a cardiologist last yr before she had her teeth cleaned. She isn't on any RX's bec she doesn't need them yet. She is 9. Other than the yelp and the limp holding her back leg up for 1 hr, she is acting normal since Sat.
      I wanted to check with you before I took her into the cardio which will be at least $800.
      If she had a clot, would she still be limping or is it traveling through her body?

      Thanks in advance for your knowledge.

      Linda Miller