Re: Introducing Second Cat

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2011
      Hi

      It's hard to predict how cats will get on with each other but it sounds
      like you know exactly what to do, introducing them slowly and getting them
      used to each other's smells. I've always introduced mine straight away but we
      have a large number and they're British and Selkirks who tend to love
      company anyway. Put a blanket your resident cat sleeps on with the new cat and
      then the new cat will be used to the smell. If she's one, she wouldn't be at
      social maturity and would be happy to submit to an older cat. There
      usually aren't problems when they are under three.

      I`ve always had multicat households and they all get on very well. Good
      luck.

      :) Lyn