Re: are terbutaline or theophylline safe?

  • D
    Message 1 of 2 , May 19, 2011
      Hi Nancy, I tried using terbutaline once when I was still getting my cat used to the inhaler, and she had a bad reaction to it. So I don't use either of those medications. We use the flovent inhaler, 250mcg twice daily (one puff with about 10 breaths) and it seems to work wonders.

      I am not a fan of theophylline at all, I am a severe asthmatic myself and I was on it for years and then the doctor's told me about 10 years ago that they discovered theophylline doesn't do that much for asthma after all. I also didn't like the side efffects.

      My best recommendation is the flovent inhaler, we use that with the aerokat spacer.

      Donna