RE: [feline-heart] New Member

  • Jonathan Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 113 , Jun 14, 2000

      Hello, Pat. Welcome to the "group"! I'm sorry to hear about your little
      girl's condition. But I'm so happy that you've been able to help her out
      for these 7 months.

      Our old boy, Lynx, also had DCM & is on Enacard & aspirin (I just started
      him on taurine today, though the cardiologist said it was unlikely to make
      any difference).

      Are you seeing a general vet or a feline cardiologist? Do they have any
      idea why her heart is dilated?

      --
      JR
      & Tabby (RB), Licorice, Tigger, Lynx
      Message 113 of 113 , Jun 15, 2012
        Hi Dayna

        I am sorry to hear of your poorly boy. There are medications which can help
        and the two which come to mind are ACE inhibitors like fortekor and
        pimobendan (vetmedin in the UK). I would take him for a repeat echo as soon as
        possible to see how much progression his heart disease has and see what
        medications would assist him. A cardiologist would be the best bet for expert
        advice if he hasn't seen one.

        If he has fluid on his lungs, a diuretic can help with that as well.