RE: [FH] New addition for already existing member

  • Judi Levens
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2011
      Congratulations Nicole....Judson sounds like a beautiful big boy (I love big cats too.) I guess Cardio Strength is a good all around supplement but I didn't use it because I couldn't pill my boy and it was a big capsule. I used CQ0 at about 50mg day, and nattokinasse which your cat will not need for a while. My petfood had taurine in it, but some add it, and there are other things people use which I'm sure they will point out to you...just wanted to say how brave you are to adopt an HCM kitty and how happy I bet you'll both be together...good luck...Judi and Angel Max

      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      From: coleryan86@...
      Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 09:44:32 -0500
      Subject: [FH] New addition for already existing member

      Hi all,
      I rarely post because my exisiting HCM kitty is very stable (yes!) But I wanted to introduce my new HCM kitty I've just adopted. Hopefully we won't need anything for a long while either :)

      His name is Judson and he is 7 years old. His brother and him were dropped off at a shelter about 45 mins from me, his family lost their home to foreclosure. They had been at the shelter for 4 months! I saw him on Petfinder and it was love, but his brother and him were said to have to be adopted together. I met him and instantly connected. The shelter said because as the time went on they seemed to be losing their bond they would rather see Judson be adopted since I was willing to take him and assured me Jimbo has a fan club and surely would be adopted. I signed the adoption papers 2 weeks ago but didn't get to bring him home until this last Thursday because he's been fighting an awful URI. He stil has it but I asked to take him home to treat it because he wasn't getting better there. He is pure white and a BIG boy (I love big cats!).

      His heart murmur, grade 3/6, was detected at the shelter and followed up with an echo which confirmed HCM. He is on 6.25mg atenolol twice a day. He is adjusting very well to my home and is the sweetest boy ever!

      Again, I hope I won't be around much but I am wondering about starting him on some cardio supplements, particularly ones that I can read researched literature on. Moto is not on any supplements bc the cardiologist says he's on enough pharmaceuticals and doesn't want to add supps to the mix.

      Thanks!
      Nichole
      Connected by MOTOBLUR� on T-Mobile

    • Nichole Ryan
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2011
        Thank you, Judy!

        I figure knowing a kitty already has a heart problem is better than it coming as a surprise to a kitty you think it otherwise healthy :) I take a special liking to heart animals. My dog, 2 cats and myself are all in the same boat :)

        I know CoQ10 is a good one but didn't know the dose, so thanks!

        Nichole

        Connected by MOTOBLURâ„¢ on T-Mobile

        To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
        From: coleryan86@...