Re: [FH] Re: Supplements - Allergic reaction

  • Melissa Legan
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2011
      I never thought cats could be or would ever be allergic to fish! UNTIL i started feeding Winston tuna at the vets recommendation because Winston needs have an extremely low fat diet because of his cylothorax. WELL---MY "Healthy" Ragdoll, OLIVER broke out in terrible bumps with scabs and itching and pulling fur out all over the house. I switched dry food thinking it was an allergy to something in the food.....LOL. Finally realized the bumps came back everytime he ate canned TUNA. So, yes, fish allergy could be likely :)

      Melissa

      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2011
        Is your CoQ10 supplement a powder capsule? If so, you may want to check to see if it is flavored?
        The L-Lysine I give Bailey has a flavor to it and perhaps it could be in the flavoring. Some powders that are sprinkled on food have a flavoring.
        However, I do agree that it could very likely be the salmon oil.

        Bailey is allergic to corn and when I used the worlds best cat litter (made from corn) his little paw pads broke out. ACK!