Supplements for Cats with moderate/advanced HCM and CHF

  • maureen.fogg
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2011
      Is there any concensus on what supplements amd dosages that I could give my kitty Yuki? I have her on lasix 12.5 BID and baby aspirin 1/4 every three days. I keep reading about Coenzyme q10 and other supplements that might strenghten her heart and am wondering what is best - keeping in mind that I cannot increase the pilling too much or Yuki will stop being so tolerant of the already twice a day pilling she gets. I would try to sneak some stuff in her wet food however. That being said what is most important? Im confused because I see in many supplements there is added vitamin E which I have read has blood clotting effects - however we are trying to keep her from clotting arent we? I have also read that certain Vitamin E cannot be assimilated by cats (mixed tocopherols) and that pure vitamin E must be used (I think it is alpha tocopherol). Im also confused about the coenzyme q10 because I have read that an inactive ingredient in many of these pills is soy based, and I have also read that many cats cannot tolerate soy. I realize the web can make us nuts with Too much information - but I dont want to do one thing for her and find out later that it had more harmful effects than helpful ones.
      Thanks very much,
      Maureen and Yuki