Munchie's blood test results

  • Bob&Anne
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2001
      The vet called with Munchie's blood test results. This is after two months on heart medication - first on Propranolol and then Atenolol. Some good news, some not-so-good:

      BUN 31.7 (16-36) down from 40.4
      CREA 2.44 (.80-2.4) up from 2.07
      PHOS 5.31 (3.1-7.5) up from 3.95
      K 4.9 (3.5-5.8) up from 4.47
      HCT 32.9 (24-45) down from 34.6

      The T-4 result will be back in a couple of days. Now that the phosphorous is up, we are trying Munchie on a prescription diet to see if we can manage it without binders (Purina CNM-NF). She remains a very picky eater and I don't know how long she will eat just one type of food. Could the creatinine have been influenced by the heart meds? I also plan to give Pet-Tinic on a regular basis instead of hit-and-miss. The heart rate has dropped again and was around 180 at the vet, although it is much lower than that when I take it at home. And the heart murmur is no longer audible. Comments anyone?

      Anne V
      Warner Robins, GA

    • Laura Penny
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2001
        Hi Anne,

        Kassy's creatinine has been up and down for 4 years: 2.6 5 years ago, down
        to the high 1's, 2.7 2 years ago, 1.5 in April. The diltiazem did not affect
        her heart.

        Munchie's numbers really don't look bad.

        At times her murmur has been inaudible, but it depends on who is listening.

        Good luck.

        Laura