Wiley

  • Nancy Wahlstrom
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 3, 2001
      I have a 3-4 year old cat. He has enlargement of the right side of his
      heart. He fills with fluid which makes it difficult for him to breath. So
      far, we have had him "drained" about every six days. They get 160 ml of
      fluid out of his chest. He is on nitro, lasix and it has not substantially
      changed his condition. After he is drained, he is in perfect health. I see
      allot of info on the web on heart conditions effecting the left side of the
      heart, but not much on the right side. I wondered if anyone has dealt with
      this situation and had any success. We had a echocardiogram and we know the
      right side of the heart is enlarged, but no definate reason why.
    • Nancy Wahlstrom
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 24, 2002
        Yesterday we brought our sweet Wiley to be put to sleep. He had enlarged
        right chambers and although we had been told his long term prognosis was
        grave, I am so sad to loose him. This saturday, he had 300ccs of fluid
        drained and by Sunday he had very labored breathing. Sunday night he stopped
        eating and had so much trouble finding a position that he could feel
        comfortable breathing. It wore him out so much he was so tired.
        Our vet said a natural death would be painful and scary and he had been
        though so much already. We were with him when he died, It was quick and
        seemed painless for him.
        He was only 3-4 years old.
        Thanks for all the good information. I wish you all the best.
      • starbuck61
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 24, 2002
          Nancy,
          My thoughts and prayers are with you and Wiley. Thank you for sharing
          Wiley's journey.

          Spencer, Yoda and Angel Cori
        • zellenesa
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 24, 2002
            Nancy, my heart goes out to you. You gave Wiley the ultimate gift of
            a quick and painless transition. I picture my Katchina at the Bridge,
            greeting your little and showing him the best spots to play.

          • vaugerinos
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 24, 2002
              Dear Nancy,
              please accept my deepest condolences. May time bring Peace to
              your heart. You made the most loving and kindest decision to prevent
              suffering for Wiley. These little cats take a piece of our hearts
              with them when they go. I always call the kitties on this group, our
              Heart-Angels, for they truly are.
              Love, Voula.
            • Nancy Wahlstrom
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 25, 2002
                Thanks so much for all of your kind words. I certainly hope that you all
                have happier endings with your cat's illness. My other Kitty. Magic is
                purring on my lap now. She and my 2 dogs will help me remember the joys that
                our "children" bring into our lives.
              • diane
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 26, 2002
                  Nancy,

                  I am so sorry for your loss. You did the best for Wiley.

                  Diane

                  >Yesterday we brought our sweet Wiley to be put to sleep. He had enlarged
                  >right chambers and although we had been told his long term prognosis was
                  >grave, I am so sad to loose him. This saturday, he had 300ccs of fluid
                  >drained and by Sunday he had very labored breathing. Sunday night he stopped
                  >eating and had so much trouble finding a position that he could feel
                  >comfortable breathing. It wore him out so much he was so tired.
                  >Our vet said a natural death would be painful and scary and he had been
                  >though so much already. We were with him when he died, It was quick and
                  >seemed painless for him.
                  >He was only 3-4 years old.
                  >Thanks for all the good information. I wish you all the best.

                  >Message: 3

                • peggy baldwin
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 26, 2002
                    --- Nancy Wahlstrom <nancyw@...> wrote:
                    > Yesterday we brought our sweet Wiley to be put to
                    > sleep. He had enlarged
                    > right chambers and although we had been told his
                    > long term prognosis was
                    > grave, I am so sad to loose him. This saturday, he

                    Dear Nancy,
                    I am so sorry you had to put Wiley down.I know how
                    hard that is because i had to do the same for my Angel
                    Fred to end his suffering.
                    Prayers and Huggs
                    Peggy and gang

                    http://auctions.yahoo.com