Re: Sudden Death - 13 yr old male cat SOX

  • janie
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2011
      I had a cat Mr T who was 5. He was 20 pounds yes he was a big guy
      not just fat big. He was a football player. He seemed to be ok we
      fought with urinary crystals. My Mom had been ill and died. I told my
      husband to take him to the vet as he was tired acting. Well he got him
      out of his carrier and he started doing the same thing your Sox did.
      The vet tried to save him. We lost him. I lost him a day after my Moms
      funeral it was awful. Then 9 month later his sister Speedster got her
      shots and also got a depo shot. I had to rush her to the hospital as
      she died of a clot. I later blamed the depo shot and I hate them but
      here is why. We had 2 more left of the family and their Mom Socks who
      I had her heart tested and she was fine. THe others one Blackies test
      were normal and then Sockster all test normal tell we did the ultra
      sound. He had HCM. He was put on meds tell he was 12. Seven yrs later
      and he suddenly started having like a heart attack the vet could not
      save him. Just like mr T.
      He probably had something wrong with his heart the depo might have
      caused a problem but then again maybe not. People die like this too.
      So it is very hard. You at least saw it and did not come home from
      work and think what happened did he suffer. YOu loved Sox. I just
      wanted to share with you and tell you to try to let it go and when you
      feel better the memories will heal. Hugs Janie