Re: Added another diuretic...

  • mukki2@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 3, 2001
      I should add that Smer takes all of his meds ground up in wet food. I
      have always wondered whether this reduces the effect of the
      medication, but everyone tells me that it doesn't. Smer was probably
      able to handle such a high dose because he had been on lasix for so
      long that it just wasn't affecting him as much.

    • Jan
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 3, 2001
        Good info on checking into the potassium sparing diuretics. My prayers are
        with you. My Pretty Girl had the same problem with fluid build up.
        Jan

        http://joekopecky.homestead.com
        http://home.talkcity.com/earthteam2000/tonismith/index.html
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 4, 2001
          I am trying to build up the potassium with banana baby food. So far my Wiley
          is eating it when mixed with food. I hope it works on the potassium
          deficiency. We will get new blood work in another week. We have not had to
          have Wiley drained in about 20 days!