Hair loss on nose?

  • jjhobbie
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2011
      Over the last month or so, I have noticed my cat, Chloe, has lost hair on her nose. It is NOT red, irritated or scabbed. It does not bother her and she doesn't scratch it. It just looks a little bald but now I notice a little bit of fuzz growing back on it. Has anyone else experienced this? She has been on a lot of meds for her HCM over the last 2 years and I was wondering if this had something to do with it? I don't want to drive her 45 min to the vet unless she absolutely has to go because it stresses her out so terribly.
      Thanks,
      Jackie
    • Ana Gutierrez
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2011
        Do you have ultraviolet/black light to discard ringworm?
        Ana

        On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 1:40 PM, jjhobbie <jjhobbie@...> wrote:

        > Over the last month or so, I have noticed my cat, Chloe, has lost hair on
        > her nose. It is NOT red, irritated or scabbed. It does not bother her and
        > she doesn't scratch it. It just looks a little bald but now I notice a
        > little bit of fuzz growing back on it. Has anyone else experienced this? She
        > has been on a lot of meds for her HCM over the last 2 years and I was
        > wondering if this had something to do with it? I don't want to drive her 45
        > min to the vet unless she absolutely has to go because it stresses her out
        > so terribly.
        > Thanks,
        > Jackie

      • jjhobbie
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2011
          No, but I could get one. Is that would it could be? How do I use the light to determine that? Thanks!

          --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Ana Gutierrez <anagtz@...> wrote:

          > Do you have ultraviolet/black light to discard ringworm?
          > Ana
          >

          > On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 1:40 PM, jjhobbie <jjhobbie@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Over the last month or so, I have noticed my cat, Chloe, has lost hair on
          > > her nose. It is NOT red, irritated or scabbed. It does not bother her and
          > > she doesn't scratch it. It just looks a little bald but now I notice a
          > > little bit of fuzz growing back on it. Has anyone else experienced this? She
          > > has been on a lot of meds for her HCM over the last 2 years and I was
          > > wondering if this had something to do with it? I don't want to drive her 45
          > > min to the vet unless she absolutely has to go because it stresses her out
          > > so terribly.
          > > Thanks,
          > > Jackie

        • Ana Gutierrez
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4, 2011
            Ringworm is actually microscopial fungi, and it has chitin on their cell
            walls, which glow under uv light. In a dark room just light Chloe's nose....
            if the bald part is brilliant, then it is ringworm (hope not).
            I think it is an important issue that should be discarded

            Best,
            Ana

            On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 1:57 PM, jjhobbie <jjhobbie@...> wrote:

            > No, but I could get one. Is that would it could be? How do I use the light
            > to determine that? Thanks!
            >

            > --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Ana Gutierrez <anagtz@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Do you have ultraviolet/black light to discard ringworm?
            > > Ana
            > >

            > > On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 1:40 PM, jjhobbie <jjhobbie@...> wrote:
            > >

            > > > Over the last month or so, I have noticed my cat, Chloe, has lost hair
            > on
            > > > her nose. It is NOT red, irritated or scabbed. It does not bother her
            > and
            > > > she doesn't scratch it. It just looks a little bald but now I notice a
            > > > little bit of fuzz growing back on it. Has anyone else experienced
            > this? She
            > > > has been on a lot of meds for her HCM over the last 2 years and I was
            > > > wondering if this had something to do with it? I don't want to drive
            > her 45
            > > > min to the vet unless she absolutely has to go because it stresses her
            > out
            > > > so terribly.
            > > > Thanks,
            > > > Jackie

          • jjhobbie
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 4, 2011
              Thank you for your advice! I will pick up a light today and check it out. Might be worth a vet visit.