Re: Tino passed away this morning

  • C.R.
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 9 10:15 AM
      Oh Wendy,

      I'm so very sorry to hear this news. I'm in tears reading your post. That's exactly what happened to Snowball, exactly. I felt helpless. We didn't take her to the ER that day, it was new year's day 2010. We decided to just try to make her comfortable, because we could tell she was leaving us and nothing we did would have probably brought her back... but, like you, I'm still wondering to this day if there wasn't something we could have done. Over a year later and I'm still wondering. In my head I know we did the right thing...gave her pain meds and less than 20 mintues later she was gone..about the amount of time it would have taken us to get to the ER anyway... but in my heart, I still am beating myself up thinking there might have been something I could have done. I think we all do that...because we love them so much and we just want them with us forever. Especially when they were fine one minute and then have this horrible thing happen the next. Snowball was fine the night before too...walking around, curled up on her chair sleeping like a cinnamon roll all tucked around herself. That morning sleeping peacefully in the windowbed and then suddenly the bolt from the bed to the floor and all the same things as you described went on for her too. Half an hour before I was giving her breakfast. It's cruel how fast they get taken away from us. We don't have time to prepare. We don't have time to do anything really.... except love them, tell me we love them and that we want to see them again one day when we're all together again.

      You took such good care of him. He was so very loved and happy. Remember that when you're trying to push away the thoughts of regrets and all of the sad things. I know it doesn't help right now, but eventually all the good memories will help your heart heal. Mine is still healing, so I understand how much you're hurting.

      I'll light a candle for Tino tonight. I'm sure he's sitting by your side now watching over you.

      Sending you gentle hugs,
      Carol and Angel Snowball
      and the gang
    • cathy coleman
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 9 3:04 PM
                I was so sorry to hear of Tino's passing Wendy. It's so hard. It was what I worried every day would happen to my Winston. It's so so hard to see them in pain like that. It was my biggest fear. Winston ended up going from other causes,  and my only consolation was that I didn't have to go through an episode like your'e describing. I know you did the right thing though. To have them in pain like that, like you said, is not an option. We have a responsibility to protect them from pain as much as we can. You did the right thing.

        I know we'll see them again. Sometimes I can still feel Winston with me -- sitting squarely on my chest the way he liked to at night. I miss him all the time but I do think his loving spirit will always be here and I know Tino's will too.

        Sending big hugs,
        Cathy

        At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities. ~Jean Houston

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 9 5:48 PM
          Dear Wendy; I am so sorry for your loss of Tino...there is no right time or special explanation...it just happens when it's supposed to and we are left to wonder if we did everything right. Let me assure you that you did...every loving parent on this list does the best for their kitties and your boy appreciated your help. I am now 1 month beyond Max's passing on friday...it is still very raw, but I can tell you that you will feel better eventually. I feel that he often visits me in my dreams...Keep your memories warm, it's all we have, but it's so much after a life of love that was given to us...sometimes I don't think we talk enough about how lucky we are to have these special beings in our lives...take good care and please, don't second guess yourself...close your eyes and feel it...Tino is loving you right now...Judi and Angel Max

          To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 9 7:46 PM
            I am so sorry for your loss! "What ifs" are natural. It sounds like you took wonderful care of him and gave him lots of love, though. I'm sure he's grateful and enjoyed the time you had.

            ::Hugs::
            Shonna & Ash
            Coal, Starsky, Ichi
          • toomany_kittys
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 9 8:18 PM
              Wendy, I am so very sorry that Tino threw a clot. My Luigi also threw a clot early in the morning and I let him go in dignity as you have. It's so very difficult but it's the last kindness we can give.
              My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Tino will always be your special angel.
              Take care,
              El